Managing Consultant (Associate Director/Director Level)
We’re looking for someone exceptional to join our team at MacPhie. You come with 5-7 years of experience in management consulting, client management, market research, moderating, facilitation, or strategy management. You will be responsible for managing client engagements, growing relationships, mentoring team members and promoting the firm’s growth.
A Bit About Us
We have a fundamental belief in making organizations and their people magnetic – attracting those stakeholders that matter most to them. We help organizations shape their future direction and cultures through building effective leadership, energized teams, and enduring results.
Our firm is a boutique Toronto-based management consultancy that is reinventing the way organizations engage with people who matter most to them. We work with leaders to develop their strategies, transform their cultures and build high-performing teams. Our own differentiating competency is articulating complex ideas and concepts in ways that are simple and inspiring.
Inclusion is a core part of the work that we do and aspire to do each day. We believe that people – of all cultures, backgrounds, abilities, and sexual and gender identities – have tremendous potential to change the world. That’s why we are committed to advancing equity and inclusion in our work, both internally and with clients.
At MacPhie, we take pride in fostering a friendly and energetic culture with a focus on personal growth. Our talented team is always willing to help and provide direction. From monthly celebrations to our flexible work approach, our engaging atmosphere allows our team to thrive.
Over nearly 20 years, MacPhie has built lasting relationships with clients ranging from global Fortune 100 companies to post-secondary institutions to local not-for-profits. We’re proud to work with clients across a range of sectors, including healthcare and mental health, post-secondary, government, engineering and construction, and financial services. Our clients appreciate our sector-agnostic approach that cross-pollinates thinking and brings fresh ideas and perspectives to solve challenges.
What You’ll Bring
At MacPhie, we value individuals who demonstrate:
- Experience serving as a trusted advisor that colleagues and/or clients turn to for support
- Experience building strong relationships with clients at all levels – from assistants to CEOs
- Experience managing complex projects
- Deep understanding of business strategy, organizational development, market research, or brand and communications
- A proven track record of innovative, creative, and collaborative problem-solving
- Expertise facilitating meetings or moderating research groups
- Team-focused mindset with a desire to mentor colleagues and clients
- Leadership experience, managing a team and overseeing engagements
- Superior ability to lead projects, effectively delegate tasks, and deliver excellence
- Ability to analyze complex information, generate meaningful insights, and make recommendations
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Desire to proactively identify and manage areas for continuous improvement internally
- Willingness to take initiative and learn independently
- Genuine desire to share an opinion, listen actively, and contribute consistently
- An ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
What You’ll Do
- Manage client engagements – ranging from strategic plans, to high-performing team development programs, to communications strategies – independently or with support from Consultants and Associate Consultants
- Build relationships with clients throughout the course of engagements and beyond
- Collaborate with MacPhie team members on client work and corporate initiatives
- Advance firm growth by participating in and leading business development activities with new and existing clients, including pitch meetings, proposals, and RFPs
- Oversee and develop deliverables including the design of approaches and development of detailed reports with insights and recommendations; take responsibility for structuring and writing reports and presentations; review deliverables to ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness
- Ensure that engagements are managed smoothly and efficiently
- Play an active role in developing client solutions, and continually refining our products, services and offerings to best meet the needs of our diverse clients
- Supervise and/or mentor Consultants, Associate Consultants, and Analysts, ensuring personal growth and development at MacPhie
- Support in the management of MacPhie’s business operations