Contact Us / Careers
Join the team
We’re looking for someone exceptional to join our team. You come with 3-7 years of experience in consulting, research, facilitation and strategy. At MacPhie, Associates have direct responsibility for managing client engagements with support from senior staff, conducting and analyzing research, preparing reports and presentations, and supporting the development of our business.
A Bit About Us
We make organizations magnetic – inspired by our philosophy around Magnetism – that organizations, like magnets, naturally attract or repel stakeholders who matter to them. We help organizations articulate their identities, set future directions, and win over key stakeholders.
Our firm is a Toronto-based strategy consultancy that is reinventing the way organizations engage with people who matter most to them. We work with organizations to develop their strategies, transform their cultures and develop compelling communications that are persuasive and impactful. Our own differentiating competency is articulating complex ideas and concepts in ways that are simple and inspiring.
At MacPhie we foster a friendly and energetic culture with a focus on personal growth. Our talented team is always willing to help and provide direction. From weekly celebrations to regular office events, our engaging atmosphere allows our tribe to thrive. It takes a lot to be a part of our team. And our next hire will be an independent self-starter known for their brains and drive.
If you have interest in research, facilitation, strategic planning, communications, cultural transformation, or all the above – and you want to join an organization that punches above its weight – read on.
Over the past 13 years, MacPhie has built lasting relationships with big name clients in Ontario and beyond. We’ve been proud to work with, among others, corporate clients in food and beverage, financial services, advertising, pharmaceuticals, and high-tech; public clients including hospitals, universities, and government ministries; and complex clients including NGOs and non-profits.
A smattering of our recent engagements includes: developing the brand strategy for the Government of Yukon, leading a cultural refresh for a division of the Coca-Cola Company, delivering communications support for McKesson Canada, crafting the strategic plan for a national governmental agency, and conducting market research for an international NGO with operations in 60 countries.
Profile of Successful Candidates
At MacPhie, we value staff who demonstrate:
- Professional exposure to senior public, private or not-for-profit leaders
- Experience managing clients, and leading engagements
- Ability to command a room, due to experience facilitating meetings or moderating research groups
- Team-focused mindset and an ability to mentor colleagues and clients
- Superior ability to lead projects, effectively delegate tasks, and deliver excellence
- Ability to analyze complex information, draw conclusions, and make recommendations
- Exceptional ability to be articulate and precise – both verbally and in writing
- Superb attention to detail, both in written documents and in executing projects
- Desire to proactively identify areas for improvement within current MacPhie systems and engagements
- Willingness to take initiative and learn independently
- Drive, charisma and an intelligent sense of independence
- An ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with MacPhie team members on client work and corporate initiatives
- Work with the team to design approaches to client initiatives, gather and analyze data, write strategy and communications documents and generate recommendations
- Inform the thinking on strategic client engagements
- Provide project management and logistical support for client engagements, including developing project work plans, organizing logistics, liaising with clients and ensuring projects remain on time and on budget
- Manage analysts and interns throughout project engagements lasting from one week up to several months
- Support in the management of MacPhie’s business operations and performance management systems
- Advance firm growth by responding to requests for proposal
- Support MacPhie marketing and communications, which may include coordination of our thought leadership strategy